Experienced & Dedicated
Personal Injury Lawyer

Accidents that cause personal injury can change your life. It can cause suffering to your family that could have easily been avoided. As such, you may need a personal injury lawyer and should seek help from our team at Dabros Law in Ottawa.

We don’t charge any fees unless you win. We offer a complimentary 30-minute consultation. During which, you’ll have a chance to speak to our personal injury lawyer to discuss your case. Our team understands how devastating being in an accident can be, so we’ll do our best to determine what you’re entitled to.

Our team can help with accident claims in the following areas:

– Motor Vehicle Accidents
– Slip, Trips & Falls
– Wrongful Death
– Product Liability

personal injury lawyer in Ottawa
doctor examining an x-ray image

Motor Vehicle Accidents

A car accident can change your life in a flash. You may feel like you will never get back on your feet and how you were feeling before it happened. Understandably, the process of navigating through this process can be frustrating and challenging.

Whether you are at fault in an accident or not, you may be entitled to Accident Benefits. This is where your own insurance company will help you get treatment like physiotherapy, occupational therapy, psychological treatment and treatment from other rehabilitative disciplines. However, your insurance company may deny your treatment or claim that you only have a “minor injury”. It is best to speak with a lawyer to help you navigate through difficult insurance forms and get you the treatment that you need in order to recover.

Individuals that are not at fault in an accident may be entitled to a tort claim against the driver at-fault. This claim will allow you to recover damages for pain and suffering, loss of wages, loss of competitive advantage as well as out-of-pocket expenses and future care.

Reach out to our team to find out what you may be entitled to after a motor vehicle accident in Ottawa.

Slip, Trip & Falls

There are numerous reasons for a slip or trip and fall occurring. Untreated ice and snow, poor lighting, slippery surfaces and other hidden hazards are all possible reasons for an injury to occur. In Ontario, the occupier of a premise is responsible to ensure that the premise is kept in a safe and orderly manner. These accidents can occur on public and private sidewalks, private driveways, walkways, staircases and even retail stores.

Situational factors determine the success of your case. It is imperative to meet and speak with a lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected and that you are not barred from commencing action. Proper notice for slips or trips and falls is required to ensure that you are able to pursue a claim for damages including pain and suffering, loss of wages, loss of competitive advantage as well as out-of-pocket expenses and future care.

Wrongful Death

When accidents lead to the death of a family member or loved one, it is the rest of the family that is left to pick up the pieces and try to get some closure on what has occurred. Often times a fatal accident is something that could have been prevented. A small and quick loss of concentration behind a vehicle can have a devastating effect.

Brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, and even grandchildren will be at a loss and could all be entitled to damages for loss of care, guidance and companionship.

To learn more about wrongful death claims and what your family might be entitled to – contact our office today.

Product Liability

Consumer products are everywhere – the phone in your pocket, the spread you eat in the morning on your piece of toast, and even the drill in your toolbox. Manufacturers have a duty to ensure that their products are safe for their consumers and their intended use. Manufacturers and even suppliers can be liable for the tainted and dangerous products that cause injury, property damage as well as other losses to the consumer.

At Dabros Law in Ottawa, we are skilled in commencing claims against manufacturers and suppliers that create and sell defective products that cause injury and property damage. Contact our team to learn more about what you may be entitled to.

Chronic Pain

Are you suffering from Chronic Pain either from an accident or slip and fall? The type of pain that comes what seems like a simple accicent could lead to years long or even lifelong pain

Chronic Pain is much different from a twisted ankle or cramp. This type of pain can be life-altering and can change every aspect of that person’s life.

To learn more about Chronic Pains claims and what you might be entitled to – contact us today.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is personal injury law?

Personal injury law is the area of law that deals with tort law. Tort law redresses wrongdoing to provide relief from the wrongful acts of others. Wrongs that result in injury constitute a basis for a claim by the injured party. Claims involve three elements, liability, causation and damages.

If you’ve suffered damages from an incident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our team at Dabros Law to learn more about how we can help you.

I was just in an accident. What should I do immediately?

If you were in a car accident, follow the below instructions:

1. Stay calm and check to make sure you and any others are safe
2. If you or anyone else is hurt, call 911 immediately.
3. Exchange information with the other driver including their name, address, phone number, insurance company, and policy number. If possible, take a picture of their driver’s license.
4. Obtain the contact information of any witnesses of the accident.
5. Never sign any documents other than the police report and never accept any direct offer of payment for any damage.

If you need legal guidance following a car accident in Ottawa, contact our team at Dabros Law.

I was in a motor vehicle accident that was NOT my fault. What can I sue for?

If you are hurt from an accident that was not your fault you may be able to sue for:

1. Pain and suffering including physical, mental or psychological anguish;
2. Housekeeping;
3. Future health care costs;
4. Lost wages or loss of competitive advantage; and
5. Out-of-pocket expenses

If you have any questions about what you may be entitled to after a motor vehicle accident, contact our team at Dabros Law.

I slipped and fell on a Municipal sidewalk. What should I do immediately?

Give notice of your fall to the City’s claims department within 10 days of the fall occurring. Give specific details of your fall including the date, time, and location of your fall. If you are able to, take pictures of the area and the footwear you were wearing that day. Without stating the obvious, if you are hurt, seek medical attention right away.

If you require legal guidance on a personal injury case in Ottawa, contact our team at Dabros Law.

What types of personal injury does Dabros Law help people get compensation for?

Our team at Dabros Law specializes in the following areas within personal injury litigation:

– Motor vehicle accidents
– Slip, trip & falls
– Wrongful death
– Product liability

If you believe you may have a personal injury case in Ottawa, contact our team at Dabros Law. We’ll review the details of your case and provide you with a plan forward.

How long after personal injury do I have to bring legal action?

In Ontario, there are a number of time restrictions on your right to a lawsuit. If you do not make a claim within the time limit, you may lose your right to pursue legal action for that claim.

In general, you have two years to make a claim from the date of the incident. Depending on the specific factors of your incident, this time frame may be extended. In cases that involve the city or municipality, the time frame can be as short as 10 days.

We recommend that you contact our personal injury lawyers in Ottawa immediately after an incident to protect your legal rights. If you have a claim or any questions about personal law in Ontario, contact us today!



Want to know how much your claim is worth?